Friday, May 17, 2024

May 2024 - Challenge #2 - Confetti Burst

Master Forger Misty here as the hostess of the May activities. Challenge number two always falls on the 18th of every month. It just so happens that May 18th is my birthday! Since today is my birthday, I want you to use something confetti-like. Maybe it’ll be sequins, or perhaps some ink splatters. Show me how you interpret confetti-like on your layout.

Now, let's see how the team interpreted this challenge!


Master Forger Christine

So just like our wonderful Master Forger, the 18th is my daughter's birthday!  But, I've got a twist.  My layout is actually about her fiance's dog Flynt's birthday!  

I integrated confetti with sequins, a journaling card, and the frame I created for my background.  And can you spot the cute little puppy prints and doggie heads?

This was such a fun challenge and was absolutely perfect for the photos of the kids and their pets with the cute party hats. 





Master Forger Jody

My oldest turning 13 was definitely something to celebrate! 
I did not hold back on the confetti like products on my 6x8 layout.  
It is a fabulous challenge that used up some of those little bits!!!





I used a few enamel dots for a pop of color. I added sparkly gems from Prima Marketing. I added gold stars from Elle's Studio. Lastly, I added splatters in the distress oxide ink Spiced Marmalade.  



I created a process video here if you would like to see how it came together!


Master Forger JoJo

This challenge was perfect for the photo I choose to scrapbook on this layout, documenting
my wedding rings, so using bling on this page was easy. I used a old word bling that's been
in my stash for over 10 years, I also used some cute Black heart rhinestones. I used a grid 
design which allowed me to use the squares to embellish in. this month I dedicated this 
month's kit to finally getting my wedding album finished.
 


Master Forger Misty 

Since it is my birthday I really did want to focus on that. It just so happens that this yellow number paper was arranged perfectly to show off the number 5 and 0 – and that is my big birthday this year. I did not plan this ahead of time. So glad I included that paper in my kit. As for the confetti, I simply used a hole punch to punch out circles of paper from other scraps in my kit. This gave me actual confetti to sprinkle on this layout!

Of course there is no photo yet since I have to post this all ahead of the big day. It'll get added later, I promise. If you'd like to see this layout come together, I do have a video.



Hope you enjoyed the confetti challenge. Be sure to check out more on our socials. We'd love to see your confetti layouts as well. 


There are still more challenges to come. Let's see what's next.
  • 22nd May - Challenge #3 Let’s Get Sketchy
  • 24th May - Follower Showcase
  • 30th May - Challenge #4 Baby Use Those Scraps
  • 31st May - iNSD challenge deadline

We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallnge and #ckcMay2024. See you next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.