Friday, August 2, 2024

August 2024 - Just The Gist Of It

Hello! Master Forger Jody here! Yesterday I revealed the August Inspiration Kit. Today, I'm going to talk about how I pick my kit! First, let's take another look at the kit I chose: Bee-utiful Day Kit by Jennifer Fehr from sweetshoppedesigns.com


I look at the color scheme first. I noticed white, black and yellow right off the bat! I knew I had an older Echo Park collection that would work! I then noticed the bee theme and all the pretty florals. 

Here is the pattern papers I pulled from my stash, including the Echo Park collection - 


Notice, I did not pull any bright colors yet! I made the mistake of only grabbing the first colors I saw. Next, I gather the embellishments. This also includes mixed media products! I love getting messy so I made sure all those goodies are close by. I was excited to grab a few bee theme items I had in my stash and chip board phrases from an older Hip Kit Club kit.  

Here is a look at my embellishments - 



Lastly I had to have a few items from the actual inspiration kit. I felt the price was average and I could keep the kit forever! Here is what I printed on cardstock paper - 



Be sure to post your kit and tell us how you put it together!

As for the rest of the month, here's what we have coming up for you:
 
  •  4th August - Forgeries on the Fourth
  • 6th August -  Mini Kit and Project Reveal
  • 12th August -  Challenge #1
  • 18th August - Challenge #2
  • 22nd August - Challenge #3 Sketch Challenge
  • 24th August - Follower Showcase 
  • 28th August - September Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 30th August - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

  • We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcAugust2024. 

    Thank you so much - XO Jody

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

    If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
    This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.