Thursday, August 1, 2024

August 2024 - Inspiration Kit Reveal and Social Media Hop

 Hello! Master Forger Jody here to reveal the August Inspiration Kit. It is bright, bold and full of color! I picked the Bee-utiful Day Kit by Jennifer Ferh from sweetshoppedesigns.com . I fell in love with the black and yellow combo including the bees! At first glance you may only see those 2 colors but look closer and notice the pretty bright colors as well! So many possibilities and such playful words. Here is what we get to work with!





Now I would like to introduce you to our Guest Designer for August, Sarah Rouault.


I live in Newbury, Berkshire UK. I’m a PA to the Directors at a Building Society. I have two grown up children and one granddaughter Daisy who is 6. I’m a widow of 19 years so I know to make the most of every day - we’re only here for a visit.  As a child I kept Newspaper cuttings of the Royal Family in a scrapbook and I started to scrapbook my photos about 11 years ago but stopped due to life events, however I really got back into it during 2020 - COVID and lockdown! I have followed Counterfeit Kit Challenge on the blog for years but only a few months ago joined the Facebook group and got stuck into creating kits from the inspiration each month. I have hundreds of photos still to scrap from many many years of snapping away and I like to use a defined kit for each event, occasion or holiday so CKC is great to help me focus on pulling different collections from my stash together to use this way for each project.  I love all the ideas each month and the support and comments posted in the group is so encouraging - everyone is so lovely. 

Let's have a look at Sarah's August Kit!

Sarah said she used the main inspiration picture to gather - colour matching items, including bees!  I also included some ribbons and paper flowers and coloured cardstock if needed. 






Also be sure you check out our social media hop! Many of our team members have Instagram, YouTube and/or blogs. Their links are listed below:

1st August - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop:

Now, let's see what we have lined up for the rest of this month:

  • 2nd August - Just the Gist of it.
  •  4th August - Forgeries on the Fourth
  • 6th August -  Mini Kit and Project Reveal
  • 12th August -  Challenge #1
  • 18th August - Challenge #2
  • 22nd August - Challenge #3 Sketch Challenge
  • 24th August - Follower Showcase 
  • 28th August - September Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 30th August - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcAugust2024. 

Thank you so much - XO Jody



1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this one is interesting. I love Sarah's take on the kit and I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with! xx

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.