Tuesday, August 6, 2024

August 2024 - Mini Kits and Projects Reveal

Are you short on time or do you just need to scrap a few photos or are you a beginner scrapbooker? Then a mini kit may be for you.  A mini kit offers simplicity. It's perfect for beginners or those with limited time. It's also portable and budget friendly, allowing you to create without have overwhelming choices. Two of our Master Forgers are going to show you how they build a mini kit and how they use them. 

Let's take a look at our Inspiration Kit:

Bee-utiful Day Kit by Jennifer Ferh from sweetshoppedesigns.com




Master Forger Brandi Jo

Keeping my kits "mini" is actually a big struggle for me. I love variety and plenty of options when curating a kit, so I took a different approach to my mini kit this month, the literal approach! I did not include a single piece of 12x12 paper! (Solid cardstock is a freebie in my book) 

First, I created a color palette to use to guide me in the process. There's a lot going on in this kit so I wanted to narrow it down to a few colors and some neutrals. 


Of course, pulling aside some mixed media to match my color palette is necessary, mini kit or not! 



My nickname as a child from my grandfather was "Queen Bee" - so, I have plenty in my scrappy stash to fit this theme! Here's a few photos of my kit - I pulled a variety of 6x6 and 6x8 paper pads keeping within the color palette & bee theme; including some really cute papers and a stamp set from HoneyBee Stamps! 




For my projects, I wanted to showcase two different ways to use the mini supplies! First I created a set of six cards playing along with a variety of challenges & sketches online! I rarely make cards "just because" so this was a fun little change of pace for me. You can check out individual photos and closeups over on my Instagram here.


Also, 6x6/6x8 papers are GREAT for creating a full-sized 12x12 layout! There's a whole lot of ideas out there for this, but I created this layout using just two pieces of 6x6 paper - the pink one is cut in half and you can't even see the seam since it's covered by the photos! I'm playing along when I can with MK Gunn & Janet Fritz's 31 Days of Cut Files and my title piece is actually the cut file from Day 1! A perfect match to documenting "date night" on our 2023 vacation while our boys spent the evening with their cousins and aunt & uncle! 








Master Forger Vikki

I embraced the idea of making a mini kit this month just that, a very mini kit.  I included just a handful of patterned paper, some being just a scrap.  I also added four solid cardstocks.  I like options for alphas, so included plenty of those.  I had two cut files in my stash that were perfect for this kit.  Just a select grouping of embellishments finished off this mini kit.




For my first project, I completed a 12x12 layout using the two cut files. I used a variety of fonts for the title.  Three simple embellishment clusters were placed around the photo.  Puffy hearts, enamel dots and a sprinkling of white acrylic spray complete this simple but cute layout.


My second project is a handmade notebook.  The cover is made with one sheet of double-sided 12x12 paper.  A small piece of coordinating patterned paper was used to make a pocket, which was filled with a tag and 3x4 card.


The notebook pages were made with copy paper.


This was my first time sewing in a signature to the book spine.  It was a lot of fun and a great way to use items in the kit.
            


 Now, let's see what we have lined up for the rest of this month:

  • 12th August -  Challenge #1
  • 18th August - Challenge #2
  • 22nd August - Challenge #3 Sketch Challenge
  • 24th August - Follower Showcase 
  • 28th August - September Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 30th August - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

 

We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcAugust2024. 

Thank you so much - XO Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.