Sunday, September 1, 2024

September 2024 - Just the Gist of It

 Hello, hello! Welcome back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for September 2024! 

As a reminder, our inspiration kit for the month is the Daily Journal Scrapbook kit from Cocoa Daisy.


For today, we're going to share with you a few ideas on how to approach pulling a kit from your stash! The most important thing to remember is there's no right or wrong way here, you do what works for YOU!

This kit features a lot of photography/camera embellishments, do you have a stash of filmstrips? Or pattern papers with cameras on them? There are several brands out there use cameras and film strips regularly in their products. This can serve as a great jumping off point, as scrapbookers, we ALL use photos! 

Another approach would be to look at the mood of the papers. There's a lot of bright colors, mixed in with black & white accents. The watercolor/distressed feel to some of the papers lends itself well to a lot of other popular manufacturers on the market (& possibly in your stash!) 

And finally, my preferred method, and how I pulled my kit this month, is to focus on color! I use an online color palette picker to pull out 4-5 colors to guide my kit building process. Here's what I used for September. 


For this month, I actually started with a theme after picking my colors... I knew I wanted to create a very boy-friendly kit to focus on some fun photos of my guys this month, so I started by pulling embellishments from my boy/masculine stash. I kept in mind the color scheme and grabbed a TON of goodies as seen here. 



And finally, I went for papers! I chose a lot of basic patterns and pre-made backgrounds. Life has been pretty crazy lately and with school starting this week, I know I will need easy & quick projects to keep me moving in my scrap space! Again, I used my color palette as my guide and made sure to include papers for each color! 


Now, let's see what we have lined up for the rest of this month:
  • 4th September - Forgeries on the Fourth
  • 6th September - Mini Kit and Project Reveal
  • 12th September - Challenge #1
  • 18th September - Challenge #2
  • 22nd September - Challenge #3 Sketch Challenge
  • 24th September - Follower Showcase 
  • 28th September - September Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 30th September - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

Show us what you've got! We love our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community GroupYou can also catch us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcseptember2024 

Happy crafting! 

Brandi :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.