Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Killing Kits - Little Bits and Branding Strips

Hello lovelies! It's time for the first video of the Killing Kits Series for 2019! The series aims to offer some ideas to help you finish off your current kit, or the remains of older kits that you may have in your stash. When I started the series in May 2018, I had the leftovers of many, many kits - and with a new kit each month - I was a little overwhelmed. Happily, I've worked so hard on the series (!) that I now only have the leftovers of the seven kits in the video. I'm thrilled to have whittled down my stash so much and hope that some of you have had successes too!

Newer members of our community may like to watch the full series, which includes an introduction and an overview of how I store my kit leftovers and I would love to hear your comments here, on YouTube, or over in the Counterfeit Kit Facebook Community.


Those of you that have been a follower for a while, or follow me over on Instagram will, no doubt, have seen these little cards before. I love to make them at the end of a craft session; and typically, make them when I have a lot of little thin strips leftover. It's also my favourite way to make the most of branding strips! In fact, I make them so often - and send them all the time, with Pocket Letters and little parcels - that I can't believe I've not featured them before!


You'll see me make a few mistakes in this video and I do really think it's important that these aren't edited out, because I know that as crafters we all make them - and it can make us feel bad if we only ever see 'PERFECT' on screen. Learn from my mistakes and use a quick drying ink - like Stazon - if you decide to stamp onto 'shiny' labels. Or run the risk of them smudging - even after they've been set aside for several minutes! *meh*

I'll be back next month with more ideas for using up these last little bits. In the meantime, let me know if there's anything that you always struggle to use!

Clair x

1 comment:

  1. Your videos are always so inspiring! I can't believe I didn't get to watch this last month. I really ought to make a bunch of these types of cards - they are just so pretty. I wouldn't risk stamping myself as I would be bound to make this mistake! Thanks for the advice on which ink to use!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.