Monday, July 1, 2019

July 2019 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal and blog hop


Hello July! Sunny July symbolic meaning signifies summer and all of its radiant glory in the Northern Hemisphere. But for the Southern Hemisphere it means a bit colder for them :) with winter falling in June, July, and August. Therefore, in some southern hemisphere countries Christmas in July or Midwinter Christmas events are undertaken in order to have Christmas with a winter feel in common with the northern hemisphere. Many crafters like doing Christmas in July cause that is when the new Christmas collections start showing up on Social Media. Myself, I have found doing my Christmas cards in July leaves me time to enjoy the month of December. Just enjoy the month how you see fit doing what you like and please join us with a fun kit to counterfeit this month!

This month we will be counterfeiting Clique Kits. I went with their June 2019 kit, it's more my own style. Sweet Tea kits (Sounds like Summer)


I fell in love with both kits as soon as I saw them. For a girl that likes to travel and take in antique tractor shows instead of the beach this is a great kit to counterfeit :) The main kit features favorites from Dear Lizzy, Pinkfresh Studios, Heidi Swapp, and 1 Canoe 2 brands. The junior kit features mainly 1 Canoe 2 and Dear Lizzy. I love the softness of the colors not the bold colors that relate to summer :) So I challenge you to take on this kit and have fun!


Our guest designer this month is Kathy McElfresh. Kathy and I met awhile back from Scrap Happy when I was chatting about Calvinball and somehow got her into it! If you follow Calvinball then you know she was on fire this year from it :) Just as I introduced her to Calvinball, I also introduced her to Counterfeit Kit Challenge when I found out that she like to make kits. We got to meet in person in March at a retreat I went to in OH. It was so cool to get to know her a bit better and so glad that she is a friend :)



Hi I'm Kathy McElfresh, sometimes know by my stage name Scrappy Kathy. I have been saving photos in albums and adding journaling and memorabilia for as long as I can remember but really didn't get into "modern" scrapbooking until 2011 when I took a class at Archiver's. I'd done a few "baby book" albums with stickers and pretty papers but my first 12x12 was for that class. I have hundreds of old prints that NEED to be scrapped but I often opt for telling a story around a cute digital photo that shows up in Facebook memories (mine or my son's), even if I know I've scrapped it before. I love mixed media and I host a "getting messy" challenge for one of my kit clubs every month, and I like to join in online challenges whenever I can. I have a Facebook page (ScrappyKathy) that's like a blog displaying selected layouts and talking about challenges and other scrappy activities. My Instagram (scrappykathyy) usually has a few more layouts but with less commentary. My YouTube Channel (Scrappy Kathy) has challenge videos, layout process videos and layout flip-thrus. I plan to do a couple album flip-thrus and a scrap room tour but those are still in my head at the moment. I'm relatively new to the "homemade kit" concept although I've accidentally done it when packing for retreats. I've known Tina forever it seems -- my first scrappy group was ScrapHappy Family and I participated in their LOAD challenges where I met Tina and first heard about Calvinball. I saw references to Counterfeit kits as well as to subscription kits but the concept was pretty abstract to me and I wasn't sure it was for me. It seemed to make a LOT more sense when I realized that I had SO much stuff it was actually hard to pick what to use on a layout! I'm so thrilled to be Guest Forger this month and I love the kit I pulled to work with. I hope we all have fun making pretty pages with our own pretty stuff!


Thanks so much for joining us this month Kathy!

Now here is the blog hop list for this month's reveal:

Counterfeit Kit Challenges -  http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer - Kathy McElfresh (Scrappy Kathy) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0TTq5vBtMM&t=13s
Laura - https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us!  

You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using#counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuluy2019).

Thanks so much for stopping by today! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.