Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Season's Greetings - December 4th with Tara


Hello!  This is Tara, coming at you from cold and windy NOVA. I am going to be sharing a card that I made with you today!

Season's Greetings

Today, I am sharing two cards with a mixed media background. I love using mixed media on my layouts but if you are new to mixed media, you should definitely try out a new technique on a card front because it will make it easier for you to learn!! The smaller space is less intimidating as well! 

Making a mixed-media background.


 I chose to ink a card front that I cut down to size from watercolor paper. I started by inking with some Distress Inks. 





Once you get your background inked the way that you would like it to be, go ahead and use a background stamp to add some more depth.  I chose a text background stamp and stamped it four times on my card front.




  After I stamped, I added some texture with some Modeling paste applied with a foam brush through a stencil to one side of my card front. While that was drying, I dug around in my Christmas Embellishment drawer and found some embellishments to finish off my card. I inked some wood veneer Christmas trees and wrapped some Christmas lights trim around the folded side. I glued the card front on top of my card base to help secure the trim. 





I also made a second card to share with you. If you want to see more details about it, you can head over to my blog to see how I completed it!  



You know that we LOVE it when you share!

So, if you are inspired to make your own cards, layouts or projects - from Season's Greetings, a previous Christmas special, a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit that you haven't quite used up or a new kit inspired by any one of our dozens and dozens of inspirational kits - you can share in these places:
See you tomorrow for more CKC inspiration!

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm always so afraid of mixed media but you've shown me that it can be so pretty! Thanks Tara - I might give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.