Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July 2020 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop

Hello Counterfeiters! It's July. Can you believe it? As I write, I'm in the middle of summer storm season - currently sat in our fifth thunderstorm of the week. Thankfully, I'm safe and warm inside, and ready to start work on my Counterfeit Kit for July :)

This month, I've chosen the truly beautiful 'Garden Party' Kit from Sahin Designs, as the inspiration kit. It's a wonderful mix of neutrals - my all time favourites - and it feels so different to the colourful 'summer' kits that are often released for July.







Now, shall I introduce this month's Guest Designer, the lovely Jess Claire? 
Hi, I'm Jess. I'm 32 and a mum to Ben, who's five. We live in England and I work in a local school as a Teaching Assistant. I've been scrapbooking now for about six years. I started with Project Life, but now I do mainly Travellers Notebooks and 6x8 layouts. I love a lot of white space, layered papers and simple colour schemes and my layouts aren't finished until they have some ripped edges, phrase stickers and gold foil. Until recently, I've been on DTs for the last four years, so I'm now loving the fact that I can dig into my stash and rediscover some forgotten treasures and scrapping from a small selection really helps me to be productive. I'm looking forward to sharing my layouts with you this month.

I'm really happy to have Jess with us this month and can't wait to see the kit and creations that she'll share on her social media channels. Find her at Jess Claire Creates, Instagram and YouTube.

Now, let's see everyone's take on the kit! I'm so excited!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer Jess - https://jessclairecreates.wordpress.com/
Cindy - Lovely Day
Julene - Tuxedo
Leslie - Love Always
Lisa - Classic
Tara - Colors At Play
Tina - Playing in the Dirt
Tracey - https://3obsessions.blogspot.com/
Laura - https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/

If you still need some ideas, I'll be here tomorrow to break down the elements of the kit with 'Just The Gist' and, of course, don't forget that we'll be back throughout the month to give you some tips, ideas and challenges as you put together and use your kit. 

Here's what we have coming up this month: 
  • July 2nd: I'll be back with a "Just the Gist" post to help jump-start your kit-making. 
  • July 4th: We'll have our "Forgery on the Fourth" post where the Master Forgers will reveal how they created their own version of some of the items in this month's kit. 
  • July 6th: We'll reveal a couple of mini-kits and projects, in case you're a little limited for time this month and would prefer a more petite kit. 
  • July 12th & 18th: We'll give you two challenges to help you use the kit you've made. 
  • July 24th: I'll be showcasing one of the CKC community who's caught my eye this month 
We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly2020). 

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!

Clair xxx

1 comment:

  1. Such fabulous kits this month ladies! I loved every one! x

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.