Thursday, October 1, 2020

October 2020 - Just the Gist of It

 Hello everyone, Tracey Campbell here. This month I've chosen the Best of Both Worlds September Kit from Shimelle Laine;

It is such a bight, fun and cheerful kit with lots of colours and patterns to choose from - given that all the patterned papers are double sided! Shimelle started with a really varied colour palette to make sure there would be potential for lots of scrapping topics. This mix of papers is her way of bringing that logic to the kit. As always, choose the things that work for you! 

As I pulled my kit together I must admit that some of the papers came from a new package that arrived on my doorstep last month - thanks to being home isolated and doing my part for the economy!! The rest were all from my copious supplies that never seem to dwindle. 

What's in my kit?

Papers; Looking a Shimelle's Best of Both World September Kit papers I thought that a good place to start could be with colourful strips, bold patterns, hearts, rainbows and a "stay at home" theme.  To build the kit up a bit more you could add a touch of magic and mystery with unicorns. I noticed that there are a few cutapart sheets in the kit so if you have a few in your supplies add them in.
 

Alpha: There is one set of Thickers in Shimelle's kit, which are a soft white and light pastel in colour. They are lovely but with the bright colours in the pack I just couldn't match a light colour with it. So if you are like me go through your stash for your boldest coloured Alphas and throw them in. 

Enamel Dots: the original kit have small rainbow coloured enamel dots and Doodlebug Hearts. I thought that these enamel and puffy hearts with the various sizes enamel dots would work well.

Ephemera: Who doesn't love ephemera and diecuts? Instead of matching the same as in the Best of Both Worlds Kit I pulled these that tie in by theme to the kit; unicorn and "stay at home."

Chipboard: Although there isn't any chipboard in the original kit I feel that this kit just screams for it, so I have added florals, cute animals, unicorns and fun shapes from a variety of different ranges.

Stickers: There are heaps of stickers in Shimelle's Kit so I suggest adding a few from your kit too, lets try and use them all this month. I suggest labels, cute and bright kiddy stickers, rainbows and fun small designs.

Now I hope I have broken the Shimelle's Best of Both Worlds September kit down for you enough so that you are now feeling comfortable to riffle through your stash and put together an awesome kit. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Here's what we have coming up this month:

  • October 4th: We’ll have our “Forgery on the Fourth” post where the Master Forgers will reveal how they created their own version of some of the items in this month’s kit.
  • October 6th: We’ll reveal of mini kits and projects in case you’re a little limited for time this month and would prefer a more petite kit.
  • October 12th and 18th: We’ll give you two challenges to help you use the kit you’ve made.
  • October 24thI’ll be showcasing one of the CKC Community who’s caught my eye they month.
  • October 30th: Another Killing Kit Installment to help us finish off our kits!

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2020).


Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!

1 comment:

  1. Master Forger Tracey: thanks for providing some great suggestions on how to approach counterfeiting this kit from Shimelle!!!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.