Saturday, January 30, 2021

January 2021 - Killing Kits

 It's the end of the January and I think it's been a great start to the new year here at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge!

There were so many wonderful layouts, spreads, kits and cards - all very inspiring.

But how many of you managed to use up all your January supplies? 

Maybe you'd like an idea of what you can do with the leftovers to "kill the kit"!

As you know, I only had a mini-kit this month which I'd planned to use as a single page kit - you can see it back in the mini-kit reveal on 6th January here

I was pleased to have used up some paper, the cup die-cut, some cut-apart cards and a few alphas but there was a whole pack of die-cuts that matched the papers untouched. I love die-cuts and can never resist buying them when I see a set that match the papers I'm getting - but I have to admit that I sometimes find them tricky to use on a layout.

Cards are always the answer. :-) 



I also had the leftover cut apart cards and some paper. So I got layering and making banners which tends to my go-to when I want to include a bit of everything! I added some more paper in for the backgrounds or to make the banners more interesting. Then I added in some twine and made long loopy bows and before I knew it, I had rustled up 20 winter-themed cards. 

All the die-cuts have been used, paper that I was tempted to hoard from both my original kit and also the matching papers that were still sitting on the side has been cut into and looks so pretty, and my card supplies are nicely refilled.

I may not have used any more of the alphas that were in the original kit or more than one of the veneer snowflakes, and I may have cheated a little by adding in a bit more paper but it feels good to have used up a bunch of supplies in a quick and easy (my middle name?) way.

Have you thought about using the end of your kit like this?

Clearly, Guest Designer Tamara was on the same wavelength because she also created a handful of simply gorgeous cards that I will definitely be copying next time I'm up for a bit of card-making. 

They are pretty, and clever and show how you can use up the smallest bits and pieces in your kit and create something really really lovely!

Don't you agree?



Well, that's it for January but we'll be back again tomorrow for the February kit reveal along with another fabulous inspiration kit, an awesome Guest Designer and lots of inspiration to use your stash! 

See you back here in the morning!


Lisa


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these ideas! It's always nice to have pretty cards on hand xxx

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.