Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Killing Kits!

Hi!  This is my final post for June's Inspiration Kit and this post is about Killing The Kits!  First, let's check out our Inspiration Kit for the month:

 


As you know, I am a curator of humongous kits!  Even when I attempt to make a small kit, it ends up huge!  I am okay with that because I like variety and I tend to dig through my CKCB kit all month long.  My kit was NOT the largest I have made for this month, but it was pretty big.  I managed to get TEN layouts from my kit!! I am pretty proud of that. I used up lots of my patterned papers leaving me with this:


There are three sheets of 6x12" papers plus a bunch of bits and pieces!  So, what to do with those?  I do have a few ideas for you, so let's play!!

The first thing I did was to separate the Heidi Swapp 6x12" and smaller scraps from my little pile of leftovers.  I decided that I would use the reverse side of that paper to make tags because it was a ledger print on that side.  First, I used my Cameo to cut the larger tags.



 I was left with a small strip from the 6x12 piece as well as a tiny strip from the smaller scrap. I just purchased a tag punch on clearance at my local Michael's so I used it to cut out some smaller tags.


I like to keep tags on my workspace to grab as journaling spots. So these will get used over the next few months as I scrapbook.  

Next, I took a look at my leftover scraps and some of the stickers I had included in my kit.  I made three cards out of some of those pieces. 

Finally, I decided it was time to incorporate the rest of my embellishments and the one larger piece of patterned paper (the stripe) back into my stash.  As our Guest Designer, May Flaum,  told you this month, it is OKAY to take apart a kit once you are finished using it.  I don't have the space to keep several kits right now.  My current scraproom is the smallest space I have had in ten years. Since we are active duty military, my space changes every time we move (can you say 14 moves in 20 years??).  This is why I don't keep all of my kit together for much longer than a month or two. So, I began the process of putting away pieces.  The forgery I created was put into a baggie to hold them.  I have a bin where I keep word strips so it will end up there. 

I organize most of my patterned paper by manufacturer. My striped scrap is about 6x12" and I will put it back into the Jen Hadfield folder on my shelf.



So, whether or not you have used up your entire kit or not at all, there's no wrong way to KILL YOUR KIT!  Feel free to reincorporate it into your stash, or just leave it put together to grab as you scrapbook for a quick layout! 

Don't forget to check back in tomorrow for the July Reveal and Blog Hop! Here's a sneak peek for you!

 Thank you for playing along with me this month!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.