Saturday, May 28, 2022

May 2022 Kill That Kit

 Well, it's that time again-the end of the month and time to "kill that kit" if you haven't already! There were so many ways to use you kit this month not only with our regular challenges, but also with our (i)NSD challenges. If you haven't started or are still joining in, it's not too late!

I personally would've used my kit more this month but I was sidelined by illness and so I still have somewhat of a healthy kit left. But one thing that I felt could help inspire you to kill your kit is a TAG! Well, maybe a whole bunch of tags!!

I started with one of the full pieces of paper left I had left my kit and a handful of my kit embellishments and paper scraps:

I then just freestyled my tags tracing a real tag on the paper multiple times and cutting them out, adding bits and pieces here and there and adding my enamels at the end-left some less embellished than others for later addition of journaling and/or small photos:

Another way to "Kill your Kit" is something I learned from my friend document.aloha on Instagram. It's a thing called a Collage Masterboard. 

Again, it involves a full piece of paper and then your ephemera and paper scraps leftover from your kit. 

Then, glue everything on it willy nilly like a placemat! Try not to be linear! Add ink or paint if you want!

Then, cut it up in any size blocks or strips that you want,  thin or thick.  You can then use them as mats, journaling spots, art journal cards etc...


It's been a great creative month and I wanted to again thank my guest designer Dawn Cervo and my featured creative Tamra Hunt for allowing me to showcase their creativity in our Facebook Community and also on social media!  Hope you'll be back bright and early on June 1st for the reveal of our new kit!

Master Forger Kate







 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely ideas and pretty page! Great job this month, ladies! ~Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both lovely ideas Kate,I often make tags from leftovers but will try your other idea as well.

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.