Monday, September 12, 2022

September 2022 - Challenge #1 - ABC's & 123's

 It is September 12th and that means it is time for Challenge #1! 

MF Juliet here and I love picking challenges!  So can't wait to see what sparks your imaginations for this challenge!

First, let me remind you that I picked the digi kit by Traci Reed called Wildflower for inspiration this month.  

And focusing on the 12x12 papers and stickers

Your first challenge this month I'm calling it ABC's and 123's. 

It is “Back To School” time and that always makes me think of the ABC’s and 123’s so for this challenge I would like to see you use something that starts with an ‘A’ a ‘B’ and a ‘C’ on your layout (could be an ‘apple’, ‘brown twine’ and ‘cake’) OR 1 photo, 2 word title and 3 of the same embellishment – like 3 buttons, 3 hearts, 3 flowers…etc and if you are a rock star use both your ABC’s and 123’s!  

Guest Designer Christine Harden had fun and here is her creation. 

For this one, I was mostly inspired by the color palette and by the "outdoorsy" feel of the inspiration kit. I knew choosing the A,B,C part of the challenge may be the most daunting for me. But I got lucky! On my chipboard set I put in my counterfeit kit, I found an Ampersand and a Cassette tape! So with A and C found, what about B? Thankfully, I was clever enough to have included Buttons in my kit.  So, I have my A,B,C.

 Now for the 1, 2, 3 portion of the challenge. I quickly found my 1 photo because I knew I wanted to document something from my daughter & hubby's recent hiking trip to Montana. The two word title, I actually changed my mind halfway through the layout.  I started with "Sunny + Bright". But as I was working, I saw "Fun Day" and I realized I liked it better. For the 3 of same embellishments, I had pulled out a stamp set, so I thought it would be perfect in 3 spots. Voila! Challenge met.  

 I did realize toward the finish I had forgotten to include enamel dots in my counterfeit kit. OOPS! Not to worry, there were lots of "periods" in my puffy alpha, so I used them like dots. I finished everything off with a little ink splatter in the same distress oxide I had inked all the edges of the papers with and the layout is complete!

Master Forger Cindy did both the ABC's  and 123's on her layout. 

There is more detail on her blog here.

 Master Forger Tina did both the ABC's  and 123's on her layout. Can you pick out the ABC's that she used? You can find out what they are over at her blog here


 
We still have some great stuff in store for you guys so here is the rest of the month!  
  • 18th September: Challenge #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th September: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th September: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcseptember2022). 

1 comment:

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.