Thursday, October 6, 2022

October 2022 - Mini Kit Reveal & Projects

 Greetings!  

Just as a reminder, our inspiration kit this month is the August Cherry Box from A Cherry on Top:

Sometimes a full-on kit is overwhelming or may be too much for what you anticipate needing this month. Mini kits are a great idea! The inspiration kit might be perfect for a single simple project you've had in mind. You can create page kit(s). Perhaps your card supply has dwindled & you can use a smaller kit to replenish it. Let's see what this month's Master Forger Kate and Master Forger Laura have come up with!

October Guest Designer Nikki says:

Using cut aparts is a great way to use an entire piece of paper from a kit. It also is a simple way to use the inspiration of a kit in a different way.

Mini Project: https://youtu.be/MTDz8ULeZXE

Master Forger Kate here and to me, this kit is perfect for spring or fall layouts/projects.  I actually kept my kit relatively small this month so I'd be inclined to use all of it.  I was primarily inspired by all the leaves and the butterflies so I started there with die cuts, laser cuts and stickers.  I then added 6 neutral papers from Simple Stories and 49th and Market and some gold vellum paper scraps.  I then rounded my mini kit out with 49th and Market washi tapes and some sewing notions for texture.

 

As far as my project goes, I decided to do something different. I decided to use up all these tags I had sitting around and make a tagbook of my Thursday 3 selfies! I printed out the photos, embellished the front of the tags, then write my Thursday3 thoughts on the back.

 

 Master Forger Laura created a beautiful mini kit!


 For my mini kit this month I started by pulling out some neutral scraps from my stash, then added in the pops of colour with the yellow, orange and green scraps. I love the vintage style of the original kit, so pulled some die cuts that I felt matched the theme.


Laura was just playing around and ended up making a rough base layout ready to use later when the perfect photo comes along!

DON'T FORGET THE GIVEAWAY!  

Counterfeit Kit Challenge is offering one of our community members an opportunity to win their choice of an October or November Cherry Box! Post your kit & projects in the Counterfeit Kit Facebook Community Every post & comment will give you an entry. Winner will be announced on the November 2nd Just the Gist of It post!

 Next up in October: 

  • 12th & 18th October: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th October: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st October: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2022). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.