Sunday, November 6, 2022

November 2022 - Mini Kit Reveal and Projects


Sometimes, you just don't have the time or motivation to make and use up a full kit. Maybe you need to replenish your card supplies, or have a small mini-album in mind to make. Perhaps November is a really busy month - I KNOW that feeling - but you still want to have something creative to fulfil that need to interact with paper and pretty supplies!

This is the post for you.

This is where we show you three mini-kits that we've made up as well as the small projects that we made with those supplies.

Today, MFs Juliet, Cindy and Kate share their ideas and we hope that you will also feel inspired to give this a go if you need to take a slightly different direction this month!

A quick reminder of the inspiration kit in November to kick-things off Scrapbook Werkstatt October 2022 kit “Herbstzauber” (the kit is no longer available on the site but we have linked to the Scrapbook Werkstatt main page!) 

MF Misty is here with a bit of a different mini. Today she is making some interactive flip elements to use on later layouts. These flip booklets can hold extra photos or journaling or both! So here is how it goes...

Start with scraps of pattern paper, partial packs of die cuts and some puffy stickers all inspired by the above kit. Her choices leaned heavily to PinkFresh Studio.

Then she added in scrap product packaging to be the base of the projects, and some coordinating washi tape to construct the booklets. Some washi tape is not as sticky as it could be, so a bit of liquid glue was added to the tape to help keep this project sturdy

Then she cut down the product packaging to either 4x6 or 3x4 pieces and cut a few pattern papers to that size as well. Using the washi tape, she bound together different layers of these "pages" to create booklets. Washi tape on the front and the back of each page helps keep it all sturdy. She limited it to 2-4 pages per booklet. With a bit of decoration using the embellishments and these were ready to add to her main kit for future layouts.

Her YouTube video really shows of the interactivity of the booklets best, so if you want to see more you can check that out. She also shares tips on how to use these on traditional 12x12 layouts inside of page protectors.

MF Juliet here with a fun little mini(and it really is mini for me!)

With everything going on in my life a mini is just what I needed for November!  

I did create one layout, my son in love took some of my grand sons to a balloon glow and that paper was just perfect to create a simple layout. I was inspired by a sketch from somewhere (I'm so bad at keeping up with where!) 

THEN I wanted to do something a little different.  I have a small circle of friends (four of us, were five but one of them passed a few years ago) that have been friends for a good 30 years.  We text almost daily and share EVERYTHING with each other, no matter what time of day.  We pray together. cry together and often laugh together (or at each other!).  I wanted to do something a little special for them so I created some little 'gratitude' books.  There are 30 prompts of things for them to write what they are grateful for.  I created one for myself too!  And then I made each of them cards to mail with them.  They should be getting them any day (I'm always a day late for mailing stuff) and I can't wait to see their response! I still have a few things left so who knows, maybe another layout or two??

MF Kate

MF Kate here with my mini kit that somehow morphed into a regular kit! Inspired by the bright florals, graphic prints, bright colors along with that pop of black and white patterned paper, I accidentally created somewhat of a spring travel kit even though it's November!I always start with patterned paper inspiration so I was drawn to the florals first, then I added graphic and square patternsfrom Paige Evans and Maggie Holmes and of course I made sure to have that black and white Maggie Holmes paper from the inspiration kit in there.

I then added mostly florals, gold leaves, die cuts from Pink Fresh Studios .  THEN, because I just can never stop at a mini, I gathered leftovers from my October kit and  some things from my stash overflow basket that just begged to be used.

 

I thought I'd start with a layout-scrapping a fall photo that I'm hoping looks kinda like a fall layout!

 

And of course, as always, we still have a full month of inspiration to keep you inspired!

November is going to look something like this:

  • 12th & 18th November: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 22nd November: An extra challenge to add a little extra inspiration this month!
  • 24th November: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th November: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 


You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2022). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.

Lisa!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.