Sunday, January 1, 2023

January 2023 - Kit Reveal & Blog Hop

 And just like that... it's January!

Right, enough of the chit chat 😉, time to get going with 2023 and another fabulous year of kitting😉.

First things first, this month, I’m delighted to have Anandi  join us as our Guest Designer. I simply ADORE her style and loved everything she made when she was on the Simple Scrapper Creative Team - and her CKC kits and layouts are a dream! Thanks so much for saying yes, Anandi - this is going to be a great month!

Here's what Anandi has to say: 

"I started buying scrapbook products in 2007 because I love paper, stickers, and stationery. I didn't have the courage to start actually scrapbooking until I did Project Life in 2012. I fell into a slump in 2020 and 2021 (like a lot of people!) and what got me back to my table was the Counterfeit Kit Challenge last summer. I shopped my stash and made whatever layout I felt like making in the moment. So grateful for this challenge!"

 Welcome Anandi - we can't wait to see what you have in store for us this month!

 Now, onto the kit I’ve picked out for us.

 I always love Hip Kit Club and decided it was time to head there again.

I've gone for the December 2022 kit as it seems a winter kit with the slightest touch of Christmas which can be totally ignored if need be. I think the colours are lovely enough to twist this into more seasonal colours for those in the summer season. 

 I like the idea of something brighter and fresher for the new year but also hanging on a little for the recent festivities. There are enough standard style designs for you to match from your own stash and I think there are surely one or two forgery possibilities! 

Hip Kit Club - December 2022 main kit

You can find more photos of the pieces of the kit by looking at the add ons (paper and embellishments!).

Here is the hop list so that you don’t miss out on any of the team’s inspiration:


And of course, as always, we have a full month of inspiration to keep you inspired! 

January is going to look something like this:

  • 2nd January: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit
  • 4th January: Forgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements 
  • 6th January: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea 
  • 12th & 18th January: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th January: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st January: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2023). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.

Lisa!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.