Friday, March 31, 2023

April 2023 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Blog Hop

 Master Forger Misty here as your hostess for April! 

This month is not only a time of flowers in my neck of the woods, it is also my first born's birthday month. So I chose a kit that reflects both aspects. But before we get into that I want to give a very warm welcome to our guest designer for April, Kathy Leicht-Gregg. Let's see what Kathy has to say about herself.

"Hi…Kathy here from Washington state, USA. I have lived in Washington for 35 years now and am always amazed by the beautiful and diverse scenery that this state offers. I am married and have 2 adult sons, one lives in Seattle and the other lives in the other Washington. I’ve been following CKC for several years now but have never actually posted a layout or in fact, made a kit. I’m one of those who will spend hours looking through my stash for the perfect piece of paper or embellie so the idea of one kit seemed way out of my comfort zone. I have known Lisa for 10 years now (met in LOAD 2012) and she has tried to convince me to “just make a kit and try it!”. But I never did and then I met Misty a few years back, we are practically neighbors, and she asked me if I would be the guest designer. After much thought I decided it was time to get out of my box and try this approach as my stash overflows! I am looking forward to seeing what I come up with and where this takes me!

I have been scrapbooking, as we know it now, for over 20 years and love everything about it…all the stuff, all the stories I’ve told and that have been shared with me, and mostly all the wonderful people I have met along the way. You can find me on IG @codakathy. But honestly, I don’t post much and have never posted a layout there (not too many on FB, either, for that matter). I am thinking about creating another IG account with just layouts but just haven’t come up with a name yet. One of these days!"

You can send Kathy some love over on our Facebook Group as she'll be sharing her work there. Now on to the kit...



I wanted to pick something a bit different this month so I chose the SCT Sampler Kit from April 2022. These kits, from the Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine, are pint sized collections that pack in a nice sampling of products. The fun thing is, even in these small kits, you still get a wide variety of ideas with two different themes to choose from! You can pick and choose one idea or the other, or combine them for one bigger kit. Don’t let the small paper sizes fool you—you can always take your kit to the paper size you need! This kit also has a few fun goodies for forgeries as well. I hope you enjoy this twist on our typical monthly kit idea.


The company's kit reveal is done via an SCT blog post. You will need to scroll to the bottom of the blog post to see the actual kit. But here are the images of the kit and some more detailed images straight from the manufactures' themselves.


Full Kit Reveal


Contents:

  1. Floral stamp from LDRS Creative (exclusive)
  2. “Celebrate” word & shadow die from SCT Magazine (exclusive)
  3. Birthday Girl Collection by Echo Park:
    • papers
    • ephemera
  4. Violet Studio Florals Collection by Crafters Companion
    • papers
    • mini tag sentiments
    • mini bows

Birthday Girl Collection by Echo Park: 

    Violet Studio Florals Collection by Crafters Companion



    I hope you find a nice variety of choices from this kit to work in your own stories and styles. If you need more inspiration, our hop team has you covered. Check out how they interpreted this kit for their own use.


    We always have lots of inspiration to share all month long, so here is a break down of what is coming in April.


    • April 2nd:  JUST THE GIST
    • April 4th:  FORGERIES ON THE FOURTH
    • April 6th:  MINI KITs
    • April 12th:  CHALLENGE #1
    • April 18th:  CHALLENGE #2
    • April 24th:  FOLLOWERS SHOWCASE
    • April 30th:  KILLING THE KIT

    You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2023).

    Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.!

    Misty!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

    If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
    This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.