Thursday, March 2, 2023

March 2023 - Just The Gist of It

Welcome back to Just the Gist of It where I hope to offer you a possible starting point for creating your kit.
Here's a reminder of our inspiration kit this month:


Inspiration Kit – Traci Reed Designs – Time to Thrive Digital and Printable Kit










Pocket Cards:


This kit has three different card options




Set 1 - body positivity





Set 2 - mental health














The separate Digital Kit has a TON of inspiration (and cool stuff if you do digital) She doesn’t give a full view of it but here is the product image:












This is another big kit full of inspiration and I know that can also be a little overwhelming.


When I create my kit I like to spend a few minutes just looking at the inspiration kit and take some notes, I always look for:

1) patterns and designs on the paper (plaid, repeated shapes, dots)
2) the color palette of the overall kit
3) repeated icons in the stickers and ephemera (hearts, flowers, etc.)
4) font styles



This helps me to pull from my own stash without feeling like I have to match the designs exactly. Usually once I start working from my list, I find one pattern paper that I really like and it just goes from there.


Don't forget to dust off your stamps and inks or sprays to use as well! Those can certainly come in handy for creating your own coordinating elements.

Here's a little inspiration for just the gist of this kit:


I chose one of the pattern papers, word stickers and some ephemera to get me started.

Always remember HAVE FUN!!


Here is what the rest of March's month of inspiration will look like:


4th March - Forgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements.
6th March - Mini Kit Reveal and Project Showcase - Inspiration for a smaller kit or project ideas.
12th March - Challenge #1 - To inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
18th March - Challenge #2 - To inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
24th March - Follower's Showcase - who has caught our eyes this month.
28th March - Killing the Kit - an idea or two focusing on using up the bits and pieces left in your kit.
You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmarch2023).

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.