Wednesday, March 1, 2023

March 2023 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Blog Hop

Master Forger Anna here welcoming you to March's Counterfeit Kit Challenge Kit Reveal and Blog Hop. 

Please welcome our Guest Designer Amanda Castle

"Over twenty years ago, my mom bought me a scrapbooking kit from QVC. Thus began my journey into this wonderfully creative, addicting, and satisfying hobby. For many years, I was a stay-at-home mom to four kids, moving from place to place with my military husband, so scrapbooking became not only an escape from the stress and loneliness being away from family can cause, but also the creative outlet and ME time I craved. I have always been drawn to all types of mixed media and LOVE embellishments so much that a dear friend (who introduced me to stamping) dubbed me “the embellishment queen.” Today, I don’t get as much time to enjoy scrapping as I work both as a teacher and a realtor, so when I do, I love to participate in challenges. I had seen other scrappers participating in Counterfeit Kit Challenge and was beyond curious as to what it was—Enter Anna from Piece Craft Love. I am a member of her Facebook group and one day she mentioned the challenge. I asked about it and BOOM, here I am. February was technically my first month participating, but I had a blast and was so thrilled when Anna asked me to Guest Design for her month of March! I’m looking so forward to this month’s kit and the challenges coming up. It’s going to be a GREAT month!

Amanda

I chose March for my month to host because my son was born on March 17 (he will be 11 this year!) and so I thought it would be fun to find a kit that could be used to scrap photos of my kiddo. In other words, not too much pink and a little more green (St Patrick’s day and all that). Well then I came across the digital kits from Traci Reed designs that have the same colors and even some of the same designs as Storyteller, her physical collection designed for Cocoa Vanilla, a company from Australia(yes she’s the genius behind that popular collection). The cool thing about a digital/printable kit is that there is no limit on how much she can create and she always packs SO MUCH into her digital kits. 


I also love that this collection has a very specific message of self care for mental health and body positivity which is something I’d like to focus on more going forward. 

I hope this kit inspires you to use your Storyteller stash but also to mix and match and find some other similar papers to work with the palette or style. I know, that’s kind of the point of CKC but I’m so excited to be able to select a kit this month!! 

Inspiration Kit – Traci Reed Designs  – Time to Thrive Digital and Printable Kit

Papers:


Pocket Cards:

This kit has three different card options


Set 1 - body positivity


Set 2 - mental health


Patterned Cards 


Stickers


The separate Digital Kit has a TON of inspiration (and cool stuff if you do digital) She doesn’t give a full view of it but here is the product image:



Unboxing Videos - Time to Thrive Kit on YouTube (Traci Reed)


Here's the full hop link list check out these blogs and YouTube for the reveal of everyone's kits!:


Here is what the rest of March's month of inspiration will look like:

  • 2nd March - Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way to create your kit.
  • 4th March - Forgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements.
  • 6th March - Mini Kit Reveal and Project Showcase - Inspiration for a smaller kit or project ideas.
  • 12th March - Challenge #1 - To inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
  • 18th March - Challenge #2 - To inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
  • 24th March - Follower's Showcase - who has caught our eye this month.
  • 28th March - Killing the Kit - an idea or two focusing on using up the bits and pieces left in your kit.

You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmarch2023).

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.