Monday, May 8, 2023

May 2023 - Mini Kit and Projects

 If you have no time for a full kit or have a smaller project in mind, you can always do a mini kit.

Perhaps you could pack one to do while away on a holiday or travelling.

Let's look at our Counterfeit kit for May again.

"Noteworthy" Limitless Kit – {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club (notjustforboyskitclub.com)

Master Forgers Lisa and Misty will show you some ideas for a smaller kit.

Misty here with a page kit for you. With the LayOut A Day project going on I know I'm going to need a lot of ideas of single pages, so page kits come in perfectly for that. My kit focused on the geometrics, greens, yellows, and woodgrain of the inspiration. I added in my forgeries from the post on the fourth. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

The papers in my kit have a mix of softness from the green paper and woodgrain, and a mathematical formality with the geometrics. Yet everything together has a sense of playfulness. So my story encompasses serious yet happy elements!

How do you use your papers to evoke moods for your stories?

I have plenty of leftover cut offs and a few embellishments. If I pull in one more sheet of 12x12 paper or cardstock I have a way to get a second layout out of a page kit.


And now, Lisa here with another page kit!

When I looked at the inspiration kit, I was drawn to the muted tones and it brought to mind "Gingham" by Maggie Holmes which I bought recently and decided to start there.

I picked out the 6x8 paper pad and decided that the patterns and colours were perfect even though I know that Julene was hoping for less pinks and peaches! But a Lisa kit wouldn't be a Lisa kit with a sprinkle of the pretties!

I matched the papers with the sticker book, the enamel dots as well as the puffy stickers. I also added in some dimensional butterflies, a pack of labels and a set of Thickers. It felt as if that was a good start for any page I might want to make.



Then it was time to come up with a layout and went to my computer camera roll where these two selfies caught my eye and I decided this was a story that really needed capturing. Two 3x4 photos and a Simple Scrapper membership sketch meant this layout came together really quickly.

I love these Thickers - perfect for all sorts of understated titles and I have heart eyes for the butterflies! Just lovely and it felt good to use them so quickly - I just got them a few weeks ago.

Printing the journalling meant that I could fit a lot more onto this small journalling card than would be possible with hand-written journalling. A sprinkle of stickers and enamel dots and the page was finished really quickly. As you can tell by the (poor) quality of the photo, I made this one late last night, so quick and easy was perfect for me!

Obviously, I have a lot of supplies left so we will see if I can find time to make another layout from the kit or maybe another handful of cards. I'll let you know! 


You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmay2023).

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.