Saturday, May 11, 2024

May 2024 - Challenge #1 - Go Geometric

Master Forger Misty here to kick off the first challenge of the month. Since I was immediately drawn to the very first paper in this kit inspiration, we will use that for our first challenge. As a reminder, here is the kit as well as a larger view of that wonderful pattern paper.



Just look at those bold, stylized circles! I'm in geometric heaven! So, today I want you to focus on geometrics. Maybe you’ll use lots of circles like in this pattern paper. Perhaps you’ll go with a grid design. How about lots of triangle embellishments? Those are geometrics too! Whatever you choose to do, make geometric shapes or design the star of the show.

To help get you rolling, let's check out what our team came up with for this challenge.

Guest Designer Alison shared this layout featuring her forged circle paper. Here is what Alison had to say...  

"I used my forgery paper as well as various circular elements from my kit.
The photo is from when my brother and I flew to Glasgow for our aunts funeral. As sucky as the whole reason for the trip was, and as emotional as that day was, it was so amazing to be with family. We left the UK when we were kids, and while I did spend as much time there as I could after my parents died, the distance is hard to overcome. And yet, a few moments together and it’s like no time has passed.
The circles to me are symbolic that we all come full circle in life. That you can always go home again - even after 20+ years. That family and those blood ties bind us together with bonds stronger than mere love."


Master Forger Tara, says this about her layout:
 
I really wanted to do something different than the circles in the inspiration kit and I LOVE hexagons because they are easily connected together like a big puzzle.  Today, I am telling a story about a stack of boxes in my living room.  I used my dies and a hexagon punch to create my hexagons.  I also stitched onto my hexagons after I adhered them to my black background paper. 

 
After I saw our list of Misfit Scrappy Items for iNSD challenges, I just had to use a piece of black cardstock for my background and some white ink spray from Mr. Huey's. I really love how that background made my hexagons POP! 
 



I did add some woodgrain houses from my stash as some embellishments are my two lager hexagon to anchor my journaling block and some embellishments.  I really let my shapes do the work of the embellishing for this layout!



Master Forger Brandi 

I decided to embrace the half & half circles and let that guide my entire layout! I created a background with intentionally uneven circles and continued the circle theme throughout my page with circular photos and embellishments! 





Master Forger Julene 


I used circle paper plus circle chipboard I painted, circle embellishments and even cut my photo in a circle. I made the tag using stamping and a fussy cut bicycle.


Now go create something fantastic! Then come back for more challenges. Let's see how the lineup looks.

  • 18th May - Challenge #2
  • 22nd May - Challenge #3 Let’s Get Sketchy
  • 24th May - Follower Showcase
  • 30th May - Challenge #4 Baby Use Those Scraps
  • 31st May - iNSD challenge deadline

We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallnge and #ckcMay2024. See you next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.