Monday, May 6, 2024

May 2024 - Mini Kit and Projects Reveal

 If you are low on time then a mini kit may be your solution to still get some crafting done. Two of our Master Forgers are going to show you how they build a mini kit and then how they use them towards projects.  Let me remind you of the Inspiration Kit:


Master Forger Laurie

The first thing I noticed about the inspiration kit was the circles, the houses and the alphabet/letter papers. It instantly reminded me of school so that’s the direction most of my layouts went as you can see. First let’s look at my kit.
 


I was able to create 5 layouts. I may be able to squeeze out one more using scraps, but we’ll see. Four of my layouts were school themed. You don’t need to have specifically themed paper and embellishments to create layouts such as these. I actually ended up using the B side of a couple of the papers I chose. It just seemed to fit my story better.





My last layout is about a bad day. I thought using lemons was appropriate as when life gives you lemons….you get the idea. 



Master Forger Vikki

I absolutely love the colors in this month's inspiration kit.  It's the perfect color palette for the baby girl pictures I'm currently scrapbooking.  I added baby elements to my kit this month. I also pulled a lot of alphas for this kit, but a girl needs options.



I created two 12x12 layouts.  I love how the colors in the kit match the tone of the pictures.  I added a simple black pen outline to the papers in this layout to help them stand out against the background paper.

For the second layout, I did a simple mixed media "smooshing" technique using two different inks spritzed with water.  I love the softness it adds to the page.  I can't wait to see your mini kit and the projects you create this month.



Next up for the month is a dive in to our regular challenges. Our iNSD challenge is ongoing this month. If you missed that, go check out the post to learn how to participate and enter for a chance at one of three prizes!
  • 12th May - Challenge #1
  • 18th May - Challenge #2
  • 22nd May - Challenge #3 Let’s Get Sketchy
  • 24th May - Follower Showcase
  • 30th May - Challenge #4 Baby Use Those Scraps
  • 31st May - iNSD challenge deadline

We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallnge and #ckcMay2024. See you next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.