Wednesday, May 1, 2024

May 2024 - Just The Gist Of It!

 Do you ever have a hard time knowing where to start with a kit? Let me walk you through just one way I sometimes approach a kit build. As a refresher, here is our kit inspiration...



When I was searching for an inspiration kit to share this month, the first thing that caught my attention was that bold circular print. There were so many things I liked about it. That is the spark I will start my kit build with.


I'm going to go to my stash and find a paper that could be a good representation of this inspiration. Remember, a representation does not have to be a match. Here are the options I came up with in my stash, and perhaps you have one of these in your stash.


From left to right we have

  • Shimelle, Little by Little, Bear Hug
  • Vicki Boutin, Fernwood, Full Circle
  • Vicki Boutin, Print Shop, Carved
  • Vicki Boutin, Color Study, Spheres
  • Vicki Boutin, Storyteller, Aseebmlage
  • PinkFresh, Some Days, Turning Circles
  • Vicki Boutin, Color Study, specialty vellum
  • Crafty Soup, Fly High (a freebie over on my blog)
  • Basic Grey, Out of Print, Daily News

That is a lot of choices. One of them is all limey-green, which isn't really a color in the inspiration. In fact, all these papers have their own colorways that aren't great matches. You may even notice that the few near the end are more interpreted in their shapes.


We have bold geometric shapes as well as pie wedge style circles. That final "paper" isn't even paper, it is translucent vellum. As you can see, there are many ways to take an inspiration image.

I decided on this paper.


It is a print from Heidi Swapp's Sun Chaser collection. Why did I pick this one over the others? Even though it has orange and mauve tones, it just worked better with the other paper options I was pulling from my stash. 

I find my kit building process to be a bit of a push and pull. I'll choose a variety of things and then start eliminating pieces as I see options beginning to click together.

So here is how my final paper selection ended up.



If you are new here it can be confusing on where to start. There is no one right answer on how to build a kit. I just hope this helps you with one idea on where to get started. 


The month is young and we still have lots of inspiration coming to you. Let's see what is coming up next.

  • 4th May - Forgeries on the Fourth
  • 4th May - Kick Off iNSD
  • 6th May - Mini Kit and Project Reveal
  • 12th May - Challenge #1
  • 18th May - Challenge #2
  • 22nd May - Challenge #3 Let’s Get Sketchy
  • 24th May - Follower Showcase
  • 30th May - Challenge #4 Baby Use Those Scraps
  • 31st May - iNSD challenge deadline 

We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallnge and #ckcMay2024. See you next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.