Tuesday, April 30, 2024

May 2024 - Inspiration Kit Reveal and Social Media Hop

Hello everyone! Master Forger Misty here to bring you our activities for the month of May. Don't forget that May celebrates interNational Scrapbook Day (aka iNSD) as well. So there will be extra fun happening! Stay tuned for that.

Now, let's go ahead and dive into this month's kit inspiration. I've chosen the Timeless kit from a company called DLS DesignIf this kit doesn't sound familiar, there is a good reason for that. This kit is offered by a kit company in the Netherlands. Since you are unlikely to have any of these items, you will really have to put those counterfeit skills to use this month!


This image from the company's website is a bit hard to see. So I've taken screen shots of all the kit elements and compiled them into an overview.


I chose this kit for that bold circle print which features red. I don't normally use red. However this bold color is well balanced with white, yellows, greens and pink. It all just called to me. Plus, a few of the icons–books, moths, lanterns and tea kettles–felt right as we shift from spring into summer here in the States.

There is even more to this line of paper goodness. If you want to explore all the add ons and extras in this offering you can head over to the Timeless Collection page to see even more.

___________

Now, let's welcome our guest designer for May. I'm so happy to introduce you to my friend Alison Day. Here is what Alison wanted to share about herself.

"Hi I'm Alison and I've been playing with pretty paper since 2009. I've dabbled in crafts of every description all my life, but I discovered scrapbooking when my children were small, and I didn't look back. I trained as an Interior Designer and tend to use my knowledge of colour and design on my pages and in my cards instead of other people's houses. I'm a life-long student so learning from others inspires me and tends to lead to ideas. More ideas than I have time in the day to implement! 

In 2021 I opened an Arts & Crafts store in my town of Ladner, BC. [Ladner Village Arts & Crafts]. It became my home away from home and being surrounded by not only racks and racks of pretty paper, but also fabric, yarn and painting supplies has had my brain buzzing ever since. It also allows me to give back in the form of teaching others what I've learned over the years. In the fall of 2022 I audited a beginner crochet class to be better educated as a yarn salesperson, and now I'm completely obsessed with all things yarn! Don't be surprised if my layouts are all about crochet projects now LOL.

I am super grateful to my friend Misty for giving me the opportunity to share my passions with you and can't wait to see what you all do with this month's inspiration!"


You can find Alison on her social media

Now, let's take a look at what we have in store for this month's lineup.

  • 2nd May - Just the Gist of It
  • 4th May - Forgeries on the Fourth
  • 4th May - Kick Off iNSD
  • 6th May - Mini Kit and Project Reveal
  • 12th May - Challenge #1
  • 18th May - Challenge #2
  • 22nd May - Challenge #3 Let’s Get Sketchy
  • 24th May - Follower Showcase
  • 30th May - Challenge #4 Baby Use Those Scraps
  • 31st May - iNSD challenge deadline

 We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallnge and #ckcMay2024. See you next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.