Wednesday, July 3, 2024

July 2024 - Forgeries on the Fourth

  Hello! It's the fourth of July and that means it's time to share our Forgeries on the Fourth with you! 

Let's take a look at our inspiration kit again:

This feature is all about the fun of having a go at making up your own embellishments or re-creating the papers as a way of getting the same look as the inspiration kit even if you don't have any of the original items.

These tutorials are often so simple and easy that it really is a perfect chance to try out an idea or two. Make sure you share, if you do, we love to see it. We hope you're motivated to give it a go!

Now it's time to what our talented team has come up with - this is always such an inspiration for me. The Master Forgers often create things that would just not have crossed my mind.


Master Forger Misty is up first.

I think this has been one of my most favorite Forgeries yet! I made three items this month. The first  two were relatively simple, but oh so lovely. The final items takes more time and tech but is well worth it.

First up this star paper. I hope you had a chance to see details of some of the pattern papers, because they are fantastic. This one in particular I just needed. 


Next up, I made little fireflies! Some of the patterns and journaling card elements featured fireflies so I need some in my kit! This was a bee die from a Concord & 9th die set. I just colored them to look more like fireflies.


Finally is this alpha set directly from the Traci Reed Moonlit digital kit. While she offers printable items, I often take the typical digital items and convert them so that I can print and cut them on my Cricut machine. Mission accompllished.




If you need any extra details on the creation of these items, I have a process video up over on my YouTube channel.

Master Forger Jody is up next!


She fell in love with the yellow pattern paper with the suns all over and knew she had to make a forgery! 


She started with several Distress inks including both regular and distressed oxides. She quickly went through her stamp stash to find a few sun shapes. 

With the inks and a little water her background page came together fast. 

Using different color inks helped make the sun pattern stand out. Her final page is simple yet bright and bold!



Master Forger Ryann

I really had my eye on those little lanterns and campfires, so I decided I needed to make a few embellishments.  

First I played with my circle cutter.  I made a pattern with one of the circles so all the rest of them would look the same.  Then I drew the lines on each one of them.  I plan to use black embroidery floss across the top of them when I put them on a page.  I put them all on foam squares for a little extra dimension.

The original:
Mine:
 
Those campfire icons are so adorable, and the s'mores card really caught my eye.  I have a campfire punch that I decided to play with.  I even used the "punch poop" from the logs to make the roasting sticks with marshmallows.

Steps:
Original on the left, mine on the right:

Master Forger JoJo says, "This was my very first forgery, since joining the design team. I knew I had some jar stamps, but I didn't know I had firefly stamps. I stamped the jars and fireflies out with white ink and colored them in with paint pens. I hand drew all the other details. I also stamped the word dream over the jars too."


As for the rest of the month, here's what we have coming up for you: 
6th July-Mini Kit and Project Revel
  • 12th July - Challenge #1
  • 18th July - Challenge #2
  • 22nd July - Challenge #3 Let's Get Sketchy
  • 24th July - Follower Showcase
  • 26th July - August Sneak Peek(on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 27th July - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps

Show us what you've been inspired to create! Join our Facebook Community Group or you can follow along with us on Instagram by tagging @counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcJuly2024. See you next time!

Remember to Make Every Day a Day Worth Scrapbooking!
~Ryann

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.