Monday, July 1, 2024

July 2024 - Just the Gist of It

Hello! Master Forger Ryann here! Yesterday I revealed the July Inspiration Kit. Today, I'm going to talk about the process of choosing what you would like in your kit and how I go about it. 

First, let's take another look at the kit I chose:  Moonlit by Traci Reed

The first thing I look at are the colors and the embellishments that really stand out to me and capture my interest.  I really wanted to make sure to lean into the bold colors and the black contrasts.

Choosing a paper grouping helps me choose other papers that will work well together, but can also help me choose my embellishments. Notice all the icons. There are sunsets, starry skies, dark backgrounds with contrast, campfires, fireworks, and silhouettes.  

Here’s a sampling of the papers I pulled from my stash:


I pulled several different lines of papers together, and included some starry scraps.  The jars you see are actually an acetate sticker.   When I put my kits together, I will often try to line them up like the kit I'm counterfeiting, and have something close/similar to the original.  In this situation, I really wanted to remain in the darker tonal range, but I did throw in a few pieces that have white backgrounds instead of black because I liked their similarity to the original and the colors worked well.  

When looking for my embellishments, I try to find icons or items that really stand out to me from the original.  In this case, I wanted stars, I keyed in on that campfire, and I was thinking about fireworks and even some lightning - knowing I have photos of several of those things that need to be scrapped.   This really helps me pull my kit together - thinking of what photos I will use with my kit!

I pulled sparkles and bling, and star confetti for accent work.

Stars, firework die cuts, campfire, and s'mores stickers.

Again the stars, campfire, and maybe some mermaid scales for a forgery . . . stickles for bling and to create some movement, and a stencil to create a few stars and to capture that tree silhouette, perhaps... 

Be sure to post your kit and tell us how you brought it together!

As for the rest of the month, here's what we have coming up for you:

  •  4th July - Forgeries on the Fourth
  • 6th July -  Mini Kit and Project Reveal
  • 12th July -  Challenge #1
  • 18th July - Challenge #2
  • 22nd July - Challenge #3 Sketch Challenge
  • 24th July - Follower Showcase 
  • 28th July - August Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 30th July - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcJuly2024. 

Remember to Make Every Day a Day Worth Scrapbooking!

~Ryann

 See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.