Master Forager Amanda here, with a look at how to set up a kit! All of the master foragers set-up their kits a different way, and not even the same way each time! The important part is to get the gist of the kit, but you can take it any direction you would like!
We are using the kit from Crafty Templates as inspiration this month -- as a reminder this is what it looks like:
Sometimes pulling a kit can be quite intimidating -- but there is no wrong way to pull a kit and no rules to break when setting up a kit! There are so many bright colors and fun prints in this collection that I thought I would start with the strawberry print and dig deep into my stash to find some strawberry papers! I don't worry about matching a paper completely, or even with the scale of the print -- I find things that kind of work, and go with it!
After I pulled the strawberry and cherry papers -- I had to pull butterfly papers because of the cute butterflies that are sprinkled throughout some of the papers in the kit. I have so many butterfly papers I had to scale back what I had so it was more reasonable which ended up being three papers because I cannot scrapbook 20 papers of butterflies in one month, and keeping them all in the kit would have been overwhelming!
Then I remembered that I had 49 & Market's Nature's Haven in my stash, and had to pull it too, those strawberries, bees and butterflies are perfect to add! (I am pretty sure I am not the only Master Forager that pulled these papers to play with this month!)
The last papers that I gather from my stash are the patterns. I try and pull items that are similar - such as the stripes, plaids, poka-dots and florals. In my stash, I have these papers organized by color and pattern/theme, so it makes it quite easy to see what I have.
Last - I always pull a few embellishments -- if I have a ones that match a paper, those are easy to include - if not, I can dig deep to find stamps and stencils, and other bits and pieces that will work. I don't worry if I don't pull a lot -- as I can always add and make more later or as they fit with the photo that I document!
Here's what we have coming up this month:
- 4th - Forgeries on the Fourth
- 6th - Mini Kit and Project Reveal
- 12th - Challenge #1: Summer Adventure
- 18th - Challenge #2: Let's get a little Messy
- 22nd - Challenge #3: Let's Get Sketchy
- 30th - Baby Use Those Scraps
We'd love to see what you create! Share your projects in the Counterfeit Kit Community on Facebook or tag us on Instagram @counterfeitkitchallenge. #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcAugust2026
I can't wait to see what you come up with - I hope you will play along with your stash!
Happy Scrapping! XO Amanda Bass

No comments:
Post a Comment
Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation
If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.