Friday, April 1, 2022

April 2022 - Kit Reveal and Hop

 It's April! 

Welcome to a new month and to a new inspiration kit here at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge.

We can't wait to spend the month with you and so I'm just going to jump right in and let you know that I picked out the (new to me) kit club Papers & Beyond from Canada. 

I fell in love with their "Follow Your Bliss" kit with the bright colours and gorgeous mix of florals, watercolours and happy vibe. April is such a bright month with the lengthening days, spring is in full flow and of course, we have Easter at the end which is such a pretty occasion. Even if the weather is somewhat unpredictable, I think it's a great month to just happy with pretty papers and blow away the softer shades of winter.

Follow Your Bliss by Papers & Beyond

You can find out more at their website here - photos and content list

As you know, one of the best things about being in charge of the kit month is that I get to introduce you to inspirational scrapbookers as our Guest Designers. This month is no exception and I'm delighted to welcome Helen (DeRam) to our team this month  She is a fellow Simple Scrapper Creative Team member and we have bonded over a love of vintage BasicGrey papers! I'm so excited to see where she takes the inspiration in April.


"Hi, I’m Helen, I’m so happy my scrappy friend Lisa Hausmann asked me to be the guest designer this month for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge! I live in Illinois with my husband Rudy and my 17-year-old cat. I’ve been scrapbooking for over 20 years, and I love this hobby just as much, if not more than the day I started. I enjoy making layouts and pocket pages of all sizes, and my new love is memory planning. When I’m not scrapbooking (or at my IT job) you can find me in the garden or searching for vintage treasures at barn sales and antique stores. 

I had so much fun putting this kit together. I love patterned paper and took inspiration from the birds, butterflies, florals and watercolor look of this month’s kit. I made quite a big kit and look forward to all the inspiration and challenges for the month."

Helen, it's so good to have you with us in April. Thanks for joining us!


Now, here is our full hop list in case you get lost along the way:

And of course, as always, we have a full month of inspiration to keep you inspired! 

April is going to look something like this:

  • 2nd April: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit 
  • 4th AprilForgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements 
  • 6th April: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea 
  • 12th & 18th AprilChallenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th April: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th April: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2022). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.