Thursday, August 22, 2024

August 2024 - Challenge #3 Sketch - Let's Get Sketchy

Master Forger Jody here with our monthly sketch challenge. Let me remind you of the Inspiration Kit that I chose for August:



This is the sketch I chose to work with this month.Remember, a sketch is just a jumping off point, you don't have to follow it exactly, or you can do whatever works for you. Just have fun with it!


Guest Designer Sarah Rouault created this layout using the sketch! It is so adorable!




Now, let's see how our Master Forgers used this sketch:



I used some chipboard circles that I painted green. Behind my photo is a scrap of dotted paper so I added some sploshes of mist in purple to make my layout dottier. I highlighted my photo of myself and the tamarins using a clear frame (vellum) that says,"You and I". 



Master Forger Misty loved this sketch and had the perfect idea right away. Since mica watercolor paints were in her kit this month, she put those to use creating the circles.



Master Forger Cindy

I used the Hexagon dies that were included in my kit this month for substitutions of the circles. I fussy cut around the birds tail so that I would not cut it off with the dies. I love this bird paper; it makes a great accent for outside pictures.  I also had a hexagon piece that I used on the top right side, with the inside hexagons being used as accents around my pictures. 


Now, let's see what we have lined up for the rest of this month:

  • 24th August - Follower Showcase 
  • 28th August - September Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 30th August - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcAugust2024. 

Thank you so much - XO Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.