Monday, April 5, 2021

April 2021 - Mini Kit Reveal & Projects

 Welcome back to today's post and it's all about going small. Perhaps you don't have time to do a full kit, or maybe you just like certain aspects of the kit? Then a mini kit maybe the answer for you! 

We'll be sharing a couple of mini kits, created by our Master Forgers Clair and Lisa, with some projects to give you a little inspiration!  

Our Inspiration Kit:
 

I loved this month's kit choice and, honestly, could easily have made a massive kit (or two, or three.) The SCT Garden Party Kit includes a lot of my favourites in terms of colour, theme (florals and botanicals) and embellishments! But, I wanted to be true to the idea of the 'mini' kit and I want to work on some additions to my current albums this month ... so here's my little kit.


I started with a small stack of 3x4 'Pocket Cards'. There are 18 in total, to represent each side of the cardstocks included in the SCT Garden Party Kit. (You can see them under the stamp set!) I then included some enamel dots and an alpha from Felicity Jane and a cute, little stamp set from Kelly Stamps. To finish off the kit, I threw in some embellishments from my die-cut stash, and a handful of little resin flowers. 


I've slowly and steadily been adding to my One Little Word album, and I've also wanted to start a yoga journal for some time now. So, with an emphasis on the words - I did have a stack of journalling cards, after all - I sat down to record some favourite quotes, including one that I transcribed from a recent yoga class. 

I've added some extra detail to the cards with labels, stamps and enamel dots and they're now ready to add into my albums!

Master Forger Lisa

When I looked at the inspiration kit I knew that I was going to go in an Easter direction to create another mini-book in the same way as I did in March - recording the details of the Easter 2019 crafty swap I'm part of. (You can see the first mini-book I made last month here.) 

I picked out the yellow, pink and aqua colours in the original, cut out some cardstock in egg form (!) and added in 3 Easter papers. A pack of die-cuts, enamel dots, puffy stickers and some washi all from the same Easter collection as well as some twine finished off my kit.

I then fished out all the bits and pieces I'd saved from the swap. There's way more here than I want to use in my mini-book but it's a good start!

I then proceeded to print out all the photos of the wrapping, the presents, the display of gifts and of course, a group selfie. I sorted all the bits and pieces - wrapping paper, ribbons, tags, numbers etc - into the different days and cut out some of the papers in the same egg shape. I stitched together all the pages and then just put together all the elements production line style. It came together really quickly! Some simple journalling and a title page is all it needed to finish it off. I haven't used any of the embellishments in my kit so far and I think I will have a look at it in the light of day and decide if I need to sprinkle a few added extras in. 











All I need to do now is punch a hole through the pages and put them all on a ring. Another swap recorded in a cute, simple way and some more memorabilia cleared from the shelf and into format I can enjoy! Win-win-win. I love it when a plan comes together. 😀


There's plenty to keep you inspired this month so don't forget to come back here regularly for ideas and challenges. The month is going to look like this:

 

·         12th & 18th April: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit

·         24th April: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month

       29th April: May Sneak Peek on social media

       30th April: Killing Kits - An idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

 

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2021).

So happy to have you here with us.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.