Monday, November 1, 2021

November 2021 - Kit Reveal and Hop!

 Yay for November!

Yes, I know that this is not a popular sentiment for most people but if you've been around here much over the last years, you will know that this is my FAVOURITE month of all!

I've talked often about a shift in perspective and determining to find the positive in my birthday month after years of suffering from grey, wet, dreary Novembers. And yes, finding much to love about this end of autumn time. The weather has improved too over the ensuring time so now I really, truly, honestly love this month and always volunteer to spend this month with you guys, right here at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge :-) 

So why don't I just jump right in and let you in on which kit I've picked out for us all.

I wanted something seasonal - I even considered going festive - and looked around for a kit club we haven't used for a while with warm, cosy autumnal kits to choose from. I was really happy to find exactly what I was looking for over at Felicity Jane. Their September 2021, Emily kit has the most gorgeous palette of colours and the kit seems to be full of the most lovely bits and pieces to form a wonderful selection of scrapbooking scrumptiousness. It shouts short days with blue skies and sunshine; the first really bitterly cold morning with heavy frost and mist on the fields; of setting down on the sofa with a new TV show to binge watch while wrapped up in a blanket; of the calm before the storm of December and Christmas!

If you are in a different part of the world and not heading into winter at this time, I hope that the soft shades of yellow, orange, pink and green will inspire you in a warm weather direction instead! I think there's plenty of inspiration to be found in the colours and elements of the kit.

Of course, it's a kit with exclusive Felicity Jane items - something I'm not such a huge fan of if I'm honest - but I think the colours and patterns featured can be found in your own supplies!

Felicity Jane September 2021 - Emily

Detailed photos of all the kit elements can be found at Felicity Jane here


Now comes the really fun part for me! I get to introduce our Guest Designer which is a thrill every month but this time around, is even more delightful. I'm so happy that the very marvellous, ex-Counterfeit team member Susanne has agreed to join me for our birthday month! Yes, we both celebrate our Scorpio birthdays in November and this is just one of the reasons we are such good, online friends! I think Susanne might be the very first scrapbooking online friend I made back in the day - I'm not even sure anymore where or when but it's a looooong time ago. I was so happy when she said yes!

You can find her online here but let's let her introduce herself: 

"Hello scrappy friends . . . Susanne, here, joining in again with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. 

How fun that Lisa asked me to participate this month, as she and I are early blog friends from back in the last decade. We were early CKC design team members together. Looking back at those posts, I see my style has changed quite a bit. Still, I love making kits from my sizeable stash, which hubby refers to as my personal scrapbook store. 

Some time during this crazy pandemic, I launched a new scrapbook blog adventure at Susanne Stamps and Scraps, along with starting my You-Tube channel. 

I hope you will check out both. 

Like the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, there are lots of ways to keep refreshing our interest in this fun, meaningful hobby. 

So, let’s get to it, shall we?"

Here's the full hop list so that you don't miss any of the inspiration:


And of course, as always, we have a full month of inspiration to keep you inspired! 

November is going to look something like this:

  • 2nd November: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit 
  • 4th NovemberForgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements 
  • 6th November: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea 
  • 12th & 18th NovemberChallenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th November: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th November: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2021). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.