Tuesday, November 22, 2022

November 2022 - Challenge #3 - (A surprise, extra, birthday-inspired challenge) Tie It Up With Ribbon!

Today is my birthday and as this is the last regular kit month of the year, I decided to throw in an extra, birthday-inspired challenge before all the craziness of December Daily, Journal Your Christmas or however else you record the Christmas season in your pages!

I don’t get many presents these days - that’s what happens when you get older - but I DO love to receive a beautifully wrapped gift, preferably with lashings of ribbons and all the pretty. 

Image by rawpixel.com

Take inspiration from those presents and feature ribbon or bows (or both) on your project.


MF Lisa

I'm not scrapping as much as I used to which makes me sad, but this layout certainly made me happy. 

With all sorts symbolism here with the bows, the ribbons, the title, the sweet photos, the words, the embellishments. Almost every single item on this page was chosen with meaning. It came together really quickly as soon as I had limited myself to three gorgeous puppy photos and I went with a tried and tested design with the photo block in the middle of the page. 

I wrapped twine around the photos and added a ribbon bow which is something I did a lot some years ago and this reminded me of how much I like the look! A classic diagonal - from top left to bottom right - design keeps the eye moving across the page to take it all in and a sprinkle of ink and enamel dots were the perfect final touch. 

Again, not many words are needed. And yes, I'm pretty sure I've used the same title somewhere else on another Mabel page but I'm not going to worry about that. The sentiment is all the more true with repetition!





I hope you are inspired to follow my lead and get tied up with ribbons and bows - don't forget to share!


We've still got one or two things to inspire you before the end of the month and we present our December challenge to you all so please make sure you drop by.

  • 24th November: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th November: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 


You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2022). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.

Lisa!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.