Saturday, April 29, 2023

April 2023 - Killing that Kit

 When you have bits and pieces of your kit left at the end of the month, do you struggle with the "toss it or save it?" dilemma? I know I do. Here is the biggest idea I use when I get to the end of the kit: die cut or punch papers into shapes and use them as a repeating background.

This time around I made medium size tags and created a tag grid background. I also made my own little "ribbons" out of the still leftover papers from die-cutting! I made those scraps do double duty.



I didn't finish this as a layout since May is a LOAD month—that is a LayOut A Day. Several of the design team here plays along with LOAD. When you are making a layout a day, having some backgrounds ready to go really helps out on those busy occasions. I'll store my backgrounds right along with my pattern papers so when I am looking for just the "right" thing, this piece may do the trick!

Before I go, here is one more idea of using this repeated shape design. This one is more organic in structure. So I hope you can see the possibilities of creating backgrounds with various shapes. Try hexagons, triangles, hearts and more.


That is it for me for April. I hope you have enjoyed what the team and I have shared this month. Join us next month for more fabulous kit inspiration!


You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2023).



1 comment:

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.